The Facts

We had planned to wild camp most of the route, although we new that this may not be possible in places, so we will use official camping sites. we needed to average 14 miles a day to complete this challenge in 14 days. Some days were going to be longer, anything up to 22 miles so that we can either finish Early or have a rest day mid walk. This has been a lifetime wish of mine, ever since i read " A walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson. We had no idea if we could complete this as so many factors come into play, my fitness being one but the weather can also play a big part in dashing our hopes of finishing. All i know is that I believe this will be my only chance to attempt this (not getting any younger), also it would not be fair on my lovely wife Michelle to expect her to put up with me gallivanting out for weeks on end in the countryside, while she is stuck at home. Sadly due to a Fall i had and a suspected Cracked rib, we had to end our attempt at Richmond. we do plan to finish it off though.

Thursday 9 May 2013

Update

An Update on how we are


James and myself arrived back in Whitstable, Kent at roughly 2:30pm on Saturday the 28/04/13. Both of us feeling a little disappointed that we never got to finish the walk. Apparently the weather down here in Kent had been rather nice (Typical). James and I parted company in Whitstable, he went to stay with his brother for the week before returning home to London, I made the 1 1/2 mile walk to Seasalter my home.

It was nice to be home again, i had missed my wife a lot and my bed nearly as much. I unpacked my gear slowly and handed my wife my dirty laundry(she was not impressed), both James and I had disposed of our walking boots as they had seen better days and smelt to high heaven. I purchased a cheap pair of sandals just to wear on the train home. The sofa has never looked so good, i could hear it teasing me calling my name (Jim,I have missed your butt, please sit on me) but the sofa had to wait, I disposed of my failed rucksack, which had a broken strap, front zip that would not do up and asking to go to the same place the boots went, in the bin. Note to self " do not buy any more Mountain Warehouse gear" It's CRAP. Now it's time to get these photos and videos of their respective camera's and onto my PC.

My ribs are on the mend, 2 week on and although they don't hurt most of the time, if I bend down a certain way, it will catch me.


No comments:

Post a Comment